[lxc-users] Question on birding in nested containers

Anjali Kulkarni anjali at juniper.net
Wed Mar 11 20:09:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

In general to set up bridging on a nested container system, I set up a bridge on the host, and then another bridge within the container. The base container's veth is added to host bridge and the nested container's veth is added to the bridge within the base container. I can ping between 2 nested containers or anywhere I want with this 2 level bridging. But I was interested in knowing if one bridge on the host can be used to bridge the base container and the nested container within the base container? That is somehow expose the host bridge within the container so that it looks like a bridge to both the base and nested containers?

Thanks
Anjali