[lxc-users] ubuntu utopic (14.10) permission problems?

Norberto Bensa nbensa+lxcusers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:42:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

I upgraded my main box to ubuntu 14.10 and now my containers are failing
with weird permission problems. A simple test is this:

$ sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n testing -- -r trusty

In the containter install postfix (sudo apt-get install postfix). After a
basic postfix configuration, run mailq:

$ mailq
postqueue: warning: close: Permission denied

$ sudo mailq
postqueue: warning: close: Permission denied

Others containters are also failing with pam (?) related issues. For
example:

$ ssh dana
Connection closed by 10.11.101.3

Now this one is more interesting for me because "dana" uses kerberos and
ldap. When I attach to the container, auth.log says:

Mar 11 00:20:15 dana sshd[1503]: Authorized to zoolook, krb5 principal
zoolook at BENSA.AR (krb5_kuserok)
Mar 11 00:20:15 dana sshd[1503]: fatal: Access denied for user zoolook by
PAM account configuration [preauth]

This container was working with ubuntu trusty on the host BUT it also
failed when I tried utopic kernels on the host
(linux-image-generic-lts-utopic).

Does anyone have any idea what it's going on?

Thanks in advance,
Norberto