[lxc-users] Containers not starting with lxc.autodev=1

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Fri Mar 6 18:58:30 UTC 2015

LXC 1.1.0:
I am getting this error which I fail to fully understand ATM, as I did not
dig around code too much yet.
If I try to start a container with autodev = 1, it fails to start and
results in this error:

lxc-start: conf.c: setup_ttydir_console: 1525 Device or resource busy -
error unlinking /usr/local/lxc-1.1.0-1/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/console

Container I am trying to start is unprivileged, and even if I remove
rootfs/dev/console, this issue still persists.

The code part that is causing error is this, from src/lxc/conf.c:
snprintf(path, sizeof(path), "%s/dev/console", rootfs->mount);
ret = unlink(path);
if (ret && errno != ENOENT) {
SYSERROR("error unlinking %s", path);
return -1;
}

Is it possible that autodev=1 option creates symlinks which are owned by
actual root, instead of uidmapped root, and thus unlink() of symlink fails?

b.