[lxc-users] newbee to LXC and LXCFS

Rajasekar Darapuram raj at robinsystems.com
Wed Mar 4 18:02:32 UTC 2015

Hi
 I'm new to LXC. We started using LXC (version 1.0) here to create
containers etc , but were getting inaccurate container stats..Then I saw
the news release and so upgrading to LXC 1.1 and LXCFS..
After I installed lXCFS I see the new mount point (/var/lib/lxcsfs of type
fuse.lxcfs on the host).
Now when I create a container using an existing rootfs (say
/container_rootfs) its started fine. Few questions

1. Should I explicitly bind the host /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/proc to the
container /proc (or something like /container_proc), so that when I run
commands like "cat /proc/cpuinfo meminfo etc" it hits the LXCFS fuse code
and returns data specific to the container. Is my understanding correct?

2. I'm comparing the stats data by looking at this location (on host)
/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct(memory)/lxc/<container-name>/ to see individual
data..Is this OK?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Raj