[lxc-users] lxc.start.order honored in reverse

Jean-Gabriel Gill-Couture jeangabriel.gc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:48:18 UTC 2015

>From man lxc.container.conf

When the system boots with the LXC service enabled, it will first attempt
to boot any containers with lxc.start.auto == 1 that is a member of the
"onboot" group. The startup will be in order of lxc.start.order. If an
lxc.start.delay has been specified, that delay will be honored before
attempting to start the next container to give the current container time
to begin initialization and reduce overloading the host system. After
starting the members of the "onboot" group, the LXC system will proceed to
boot containers with lxc.start.auto == 1 which are not members of any group
(the NULL group) and proceed as with the onboot group.

Which is very explicit that what you are experiencing is not the default
behavior. I 've never had a problem with that.

Is it possible that the order is respected but the first containers are
just slower to start up?