[lxc-users] Pinging the containers from the host

Federico Alves venefax at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:44:18 UTC 2015

I have two NICs in my Fedora 22 host. Eth0 is public and eth1 is in a
private network.
My container is using
lxc.network.type=macvlan
lxc.network.macvlan.mode=bridge
lxc.network.link=eth1

I cannot ping or connect via SSH my container from the host, but from other
computers on the private network, it works fine. The container has access
to the internet.
You would imagine that if my eth1 has valid internal IP, same network as
the container, you would be able to access the container via the network.
Well, it is not the case. Is this is by design, somebody dropped the ball.
Any idea?