[lxc-users] this would seem to be good news - proxmox adopting LXC for container based vm's

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:46:27 UTC 2015

I haven't used Proxmox (yet) but was always interested in it because I've
seen so many posts over the past years about how great an environment it
was to utilize.

In the past I saw they utilized OpenVZ for any Proxmox container use.

They (proxmox) just announced they are switching to LXC..!

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/22532-Proxmox-VE-4-0-beta1-released

Their link to "linux containers" on this page
<http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Linux_Container> (see below) now points to
linxucontainers.org.

*        Migrate container from OpenVZ to Linux container*

*NOTE:At the moment you must do it manually later it will work with backup
and restore. Make a Backup (use gzip) of the OpenVZ container. *

*Then copy the backup file in /var/lib/vz/template/cache/ *

*Now it is possible to create a new CT, using the backup as template. see
create container. Create_container
<http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Linux_Container#Create_container>*