[lxc-users] LXC in CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503

Vishnu Kanth crazyvishnu007 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:48:37 UTC 2015

I have created a container say base and I am trying to create a clone of
the base container with backing store as overlayfs. But it always fails
with the following error,

lxc_container: bdev.c: overlayfs_mount: 2237 No such device -
overlayfs: error mounting /var/lib/lxc/base/rootfs onto
/usr/lib64/lxc/rootfs options
upperdir=/var/lib/lxc/s0/delta0,lowerdir=/var/lib/lxc/base/rootfs,workdir=/var/lib/lxc/s0/olwork
clone failed

It's because the name of the overlay filesystem changed from overlayfs to
overlay at some point. Support for this was made after the release of lxc
1.0.7. Any one has tried LXC in Centos 7 and is there any work around for
this issue?

Regards,
Vishnu