[lxc-users] lxc with glusterfs

Ale ale975 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:13:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm try to use lxc unprivileged over glusterfs, I follow the guide *1 and
all works fine if I start a container from root (even over gluster) or if I
use unprivileged container when lxcpath point to local filesystem instead
of glusterfs.

On the other hand when lxcpath point gluster mount point, i receive the
following error:

$ lxc-create  -t download -n test1 -- -d ubuntu -r trusty -a amd_64
chown: changing ownership of ‘/mnt/lxc/test1’: Operation not permitted
lxc-create: lxccontainer.c: do_create_container_dir: 778 Failed to chown
container dir
lxc-create: lxc_create.c: main: 274 Error creating container test1

The error message is clear, but  from command line gluster mount point
seems to works fine, I'm using lxc 1.1.2 with Ubuntu 14.04.
Someone can help me to understand or have any hints?

1) https://linuxcontainers.org/lxc/getting-started/

Regards,
Alessandro