[lxc-users] Online container backup

Narcis Garcia informatica at actiu.net
Thu Jun 11 06:51:20 UTC 2015

Debian 8 in a single and tratitional ext4 partition.
My idea is that the backup is a complete container export, to be
restored in another box if necessary.

Is there some newer LXC repository for Debian as ppa:ubuntu-lxc/daily ?

At this moment, my procedure is:
$ lxc-stop -n MyGuest
$ tar -cjf /var/backups/MyGuest.tar.bz2 /var/lib/lxc/MyGuest
$ lxc-start -n MyGuest
but container unavailability is too long.

Another procedure, but without stopping container:
$ cp -aPx /var/lib/lxc/MyGuest /tmp/MyGuest
$ tar -cjf /var/backups/MyGuest.tar.bz2 /tmp/MyGuest

Thanks.

El 11/06/15 a les 01:43, Fajar A. Nugraha ha escrit: