[lxc-users] fetching application update out of container's space

Genco Yilmaz gencoyilmaz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 19:22:10 UTC 2015

Hi,
   I have been playing with containers for a few days only and deployed
several to test some networking features. I have searched on the net to get
an answer but couldn't find any post/page yet. Issue is that I set up a
small LAB
containers of which has no internet access. If I need to install an
application e.g apache2
I attach to the container like;

#lxc-attach -n container1
container1#apt-get install apache2

but for this to work, I add a veth peer to let the container access outside
network (This isn't something I prefer to do as I need to isolate these
containers)

I wonder if there is any way to install this app from the master host i.e
by using master
host's network space but install the app on the container something like
this imaginary command;

#*lxc-run* -n container -c "apt-get install apache2"

i.e pulling the application from repository on the master space but pushing
it onto the container.

There is lxc-execute, lxc-attach but they all run inside container's space
which doesn't work for me.

Thanks,

Genco.