[lxc-users] lxd: "-B backingstore" equivalent?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jun 5 15:11:27 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-06 00:00, Tycho Andersen wrote:

>> As I've checked, this is not the case (the container is created in a
>> directory, not in btrfs subvolume; lxc-create -B btrfs creates it in a
>> subvolume).
>
> Can you file a bug with info to reproduce? It should work as of 0.8.

Before I file a bug report - that's how it works for me - /var/lib/lxd/
is a symbolic link to /srv/lxd, placed on a btrfs filesystem:

# ls -l /var/lib/lxd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Jun  5 10:15 /var/lib/lxd -> /srv/lxd

# mount|grep /srv
/dev/sda4 on /srv type btrfs
(rw,noatime,device=/dev/sda4,device=/dev/sdb4,compress=zlib)

# lxc launch images:ubuntu/trusty/amd64 test-image
Creating container...done
Starting container...done
error: exit status 1

Note that it errored when trying to start the container - I have to add
"lxc.aa_allow_incomplete = 1"; otherwise, it won't start (is there some
/etc/lxc/default.conf equivalent for lxd, where this could be set?).

However, the container is already created in a directory, so I don't
think the above error matters:

# btrfs sub list /srv|grep lxd
# btrfs sub list /srv|grep test-image
#