[lxc-users] lxd: "-B backingstore" equivalent?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 5 13:57:34 UTC 2015

Lxd will not be as flexible as lxc in many ways, including with
respect to backing stores.

What will become the recommended backing store is actualy not yet
implemented, but will be soon - that is lvm with thinpools.  You'll
be able to either provide a vg with the default name, or specify a
custom vg name, for all of lxd to use, and lxd will use lvm snapshots
for quick container launches.

In lieu of that, you currently can use btrfs - just make sure that
/var/lib/lxd is on a btrfs.  The first launch of a container from a
new image will create a btrfs cache directory, and each launch from
that image will be done using a btrfs snapshot.

-serge

Quoting Tomasz Chmielewski (mangoo at wpkg.org):