[lxc-users] Using LXC as an application container.

Brian Allen Vanderburg II brianvanderburg2 at aim.com
Thu Jun 4 16:31:57 UTC 2015

I'm wondering if LXC could be used to create a generic application
container/sandbox.  I've created similar sandboxes in the past using
chroot, unionfs-fuse, and bind mounts, successfully running applications
such as Firefox, Sauerbraten, etc.  But this was limited and had
drawbacks.  Using chroot requires root, unprivileged containers can be
run without root after everything is properly set up.  Chroot only hides
away parts of the filesystem, a container can also isolate network
namespaces, etc.  Is there a way to achieve similar, with better control
of isolation, using unprivileged containers?

Brian Allen Vanderburg II