[lxc-users] LXC multi distribution installer & boot2lxc VM based on Alpine Linux

Tobby Banerjee tobby at flockport.com
Wed Jun 3 20:03:03 UTC 2015

Hi LXC users,

2 initiatives to make LXC more accessible for users. We were facing
multiple reports of folks facing issues setting up LXC in different distros
especially the absence of lxcbr0 in some distributions.

Putting users head long in configuring networking was proving much for some
new users so we created a installer that sets up LXC properly across
distributions with the lxcbr0 bridge.

It currently supports Debian Wheezy, Debian Jessie, CentOS 7, Fedora 21 and
Ubuntu Precise, Trusty, Vivid - though Ubuntu is not necessary as Ubuntu
sets up LXC well on its own.

https://www.flockport.com/start

We have been hosting a repo for Wheezy for some time now with updated LXC
packages that sets up LXC as well as in Ubuntu.

We also put together a boot2lxc minimal VM based on Alpine Linux that gives
users a near fully functioning LXC 1.1.2 environment. Except unprivileged
containers.

It's only a 80MB download and available for Virtualbox, Vmware and KVM.

There is no cgmanager support in Alpine Linux yet, and even with
shadow-utils 4.2 have been facing setgid errors for root unprivileged
containers.

We also have a boot2lxc VM based on Ubuntu Vivid though it is much larger
at 250MB

Thanks
Tobby

www.flockport.com