[lxc-users] ? pulseaudio server in container

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 19:32:14 UTC 2015

Hi

I have several container with need to access sound including the host.

I found that the recommended setup for usage of pulseaudio in a container
(using pulse audio server) is inconsistent. Frequently I have to restart
lightdm or alsa.

If I do not care about security in my local network. Is it possible to have
one sound server (possibly in a container) that will serve the host and all
the container simultaneously. One complicating issue that that I have hdmi(
nvidia)  With 4 port and system sound. All I care for is one of the ports
of nvidia. (which is almost never comes as default. Even if I set it as
default).

This issue with sound is the main issue that limits my usage of containers.

Most of my containers needs video and hdmi audio.