[lxc-users] LXD container how to start network?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Jul 23 10:15:02 UTC 2015

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 02:51:56 PM Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> > That's a bizarre workaround. It looks like the best "workaround" for
> > now is to stick to utopic containers and try again in another month.
>
> I believe I've said this before, but you'd better not use utopic as it's
> EOLed today. To use upstart instead of systemd, either stick with trusty,

That's also painful because then I have to start adding various PPA's to be
able to use later versions of nginx, php, mariadb et al. One of the reasons
for me wanting to use wily is to get myself skilled up and ready to deploy
systemd server hosts in general, aside from systemd based containers, so
"going backwards" is not my ideal solution.

> or use vivid with upstart-sysv.

And that one could be workable but I'm stuck with the same catch-22 in that
I need the network to be working before being able to update and install any
new packages!

Sure, I can manually do this for a single install but I've been developing a
shell script to automate multiple installs from just after lxc launch through
to a fully configure WordPress ready for client usage. I was hoping that
unprivileged LXD containers with systemd would have stabilized by now but
obviously not.

Anyway, thanks again for your suggestions.