[lxc-users] LXC 1.1 has been released!

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Sat Jan 31 18:21:10 UTC 2015

Hi Stephane,

thanks for your fast response, indeed my cgmanager was still 0.33.

> As the text says, yes you need lxcfs (the full announcement states lxcfs
> 0.5 or higher and cgmanager 0.35 or higher). Once lxcfs is installed on
> your system and running with the LXC config and hooks in place, LXC
> should work fine for unprivileged containers at least with Ubuntu vivid
> and Debian unstable, other distros typically have an older systemd which
> hangs during the boot sequence.

hmm, I updated all once more, but I still get it not working.

Now I have lxc-1.1, cgmanager-0.35 and lxcfs-0.5 on a Debian wheezy.
Whereas I can start an unprivileged wheey/jessie container with
sysvinit, it fails with systemd:

  lxcuser at voyager:~$ lxc-start -n wheezy -F
  WARN: could not reopen tty: Permission denied
  systemd 215 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT
  +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +ACL +XZ -SECCOMP -APPARMOR)
  Detected virtualization 'lxc'.
  Detected architecture 'x86-64'.

  Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)!

  Set hostname to <wheezy>.
  Failed to configure loopback device: Operation not supported
  Failed to install release agent, ignoring: No such file or directory

and the nothing happens, I have to use SIGKILL to terminate it.

Am I missing something?

cgmanager runs this way:

   cgmanager --daemon -m name=systemd

lxcfs runs this way:

   lxcfs  -s -f -o allow_other /usr/local/var/lib/lxcfs

Do I miss something here? Or do you have any ideas how to debug
this or, much better, to get it run?

Best regards

Dirk