[lxc-users] Fun with lxc.network.type=phys

scrumpyjack scrumpyjack at me.com
Wed Jan 21 12:09:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> It is, to be frank. lxc already supports macvlan, so there's no need to
> create it manually and use phys.

I have been reading more in macvlan support and it is now clearer.

> If it's "I want to to have /32 in the container", then there are other ways
> to do that. I deploy just that with veth and bridge.

Yes, i want to give a /32 to a container.

If i stick to

lxc.network.type = macvlan
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = eth0
lxc.network.name = eth1
lxc.network.ipv4 = 21.45.463.23/32 (fake IP, obvs)
lxc.network.ipv4.gateway = 21.45.463.23

would you expect that to work?

I'm trying not to have to do any NATing or any other configuration in my
host for my container to get traffic destined for 21.45.463.23/32