[lxc-users] master ssh connection issue in ubuntu trusty container

Dan Shi bruingo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 00:15:42 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm new to lxc container. Today I ran into a master ssh connection issue in
a ubuntu trusty container. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this or
ever ran into similar issue.

I have a script to use master ssh connection to connect to a remote server.
When running in my physical workstation, the master ssh connection works
just fine, connections can share the same master ssh connection. However,
when I ran the script in a ubuntu trusty container (created with: sudo
lxc-create -t download -n base  -- --dist ubuntu --release trusty
--arch=amd64). The master ssh connection created got stale for some reason.

I'm able to manually verify that:
1. edit .ssh/config to add settings like:
ControlPath ~/.ssh/master-%l-%r@%h:%p
ControlMaster auto
2. Start an ssh session in one window, i can see the socket file is created.
3. Start a second ssh session in another window, found following in the
output:
debug1: Stale control socket /root/.ssh/master-test_1-root at 172.27.213.193:22,
unlinking

It seems that for some reason, the master ssh connection (or I should say
the multiplex master socket) was dropped.

Please help. Many thanks!

Dan