[lxc-users] xserver inside lxc

Alex Mestiashvili alex at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jan 16 12:37:52 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 12:23 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Alex Mestiashvili
> <alex at biotec.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> trying to start the xorg server in the container I receive the following
>> messages:
>>

>> [ 61645.425] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  340.65  Tue Dec  2 08:47:36 PST
>> 2014
>
> What are you trying to achieve? In most cases you won't need an
> xserver inside a container.
>
> For example, if you simply want to run a GUI program, see
> https://www.stgraber.org/2014/02/09/lxc-1-0-gui-in-containers/ for
> example

I think I need it, I plan to use virtualgl [0] in the container so the
users can connect via ssh or VNC and run opengl applications in the
container.

I finally managed to start the xserver, it worked out of box in precise
container.
Probably the problem is either in tty layer or in Xorg in newer
Debian/Ubuntu releases.

[0] http://www.virtualgl.org/