[lxc-users] cgmanager: cgm_list_children for controller=systemd, cgroup_path=user failed: invalid request

Smart Goldman ytlec2014 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:23:54 UTC 2015

> cgmanager is an lxc project, so no worries.

Okay. and thank you for swift response.

> A few things - first, running cgroup-bin alongside cgmanager is
probably a bad idea.

Oh really? It is better to remove either one?
Another following 2 errors were output before installing these 2 things.
sshd[4603]: pam_systemd(sshd:session): Failed to create session: No such
file or directory
systemd-logind[2957]: Failed to create cgroup name=systemd:/user/0.user: No
such file or directory
After executing 'apt-get -y install cgroup-bin cgmanager-utils', above 2
errors were removed.

> Second, on 14.04 after install cgmanager
> you unfortunately need to 'sudo restart systemd-logind', then
> log out and log back in (or just ssh localhost) to get a new
> cgroup.  After that you should be able to create unprivileged containers.

Now I tried 'sudo restart systemd-logind' and systemd-logind restarted.
After that I logged out, log back and execute 'reboot'.
However error log of cgmanager is still written on /var/log/auth.log.

This error message is written even if I log out before reboot is executed
or I execute reboot via control panel which is outside of ubuntu system.

> The message may be ignorable - the real question is, when you
> login, do you get a custom cgroup?  What does /proc/self/cgroup
> show?

I am sorry. How can I know whether I got a custom cgroup?
Here is the contents of my /proc/self/cgroup.

root at myhost:~# cat /proc/self/cgroup
4:name=systemd:/user/1000.user/c1.session
3:freezer,devices,name=container:/12042
2:cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,name=fairsched:/12042
1:blkio,name=beancounter:/12042
root at myhost:~#

I appreciate your help and I apologize for troubling you.