[lxc-users] loading a file system

Guido Jäkel G.Jaekel at DNB.DE
Wed Jan 14 06:58:15 UTC 2015

Dear Mohan,

we feel fine if you're use LXC. But as a LX-Container is based on a bunch of kernel features, there might be a much more simple way: One may open a group on arbitrary cgroup controllers (by simple userland calls like mkdir) and add running task to it.

As you're talking about a FUSE filesystem, in my understanding there should be a running process "doing the job" once you start to use (i.e. mount) your fs anywhere. By taking that under cgroup control should be able to limit it's CPU or Memory consumption of your filesystem driver.

But if you want to limit all the applications that are using your filesystem, using a Container might be the modest way.

@Developers: Am I right with this? And @Fajar: If you mount the FS at the host and then bind mount it into the container by the usual way i wonder if the fs driver is even affected by the container resource limits.

greetings

Guido