[lxc-users] LXC mounting directories in wrong place

Anjali Kulkarni anjali at juniper.net
Sat Feb 28 14:47:31 UTC 2015

Folks,
I figured this out, its because the directory does not exist in the container.

Thanks!
Anjali

From: Anjali Kulkarni <anjali at juniper.net<mailto:anjali at juniper.net>>
Date: Friday, February 27, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Subject: [lxc-users] LXC mounting directories in wrong place

Hi,

I brought up a container on a host system, mounting some directories from host on it. Works fine. Now I tried to create another container but it seems to mount in the wrong place and gives an error in lxc-start:

lxc-start -n c2
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to mount '/HugePage_vPFE' on
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/HugePage_vPFE'
lxc-start: failed to setup the mount entries for 'c2'
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'c2'

Any idea whats wrong? Why is it mounting on /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/
instead of /var/lib/lxc/rootfs/c2/HugePage_vPFE?

I have this line in my config:

lxc.mount.entry=/HugePage_vPFE HugePage_vPFE none rw,bind 0 0

Thanks
Anjali