[lxc-users] Problem with memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes on Ubuntu 14.04.

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Thu Feb 26 16:30:34 UTC 2015

Dear Serge,

>Might be worth having lxc order the rules so that it'll always just work.

The order of execution needed depends on the actual and desired values crossover the items.

The setters of the Memory Controller should be act like

	Set_MemSwap(Limit) {
	  Mem := max(Mem,Limit)	# push down to Limit	<- add this
	  MemSwap := Limit
	}

	Set_Mem(Limit) {
	  MemSwap := min(MemSwap,Limit) # rise up to Limit	<- add this
	  Mem := Limit
	}

As a workaround, the setters of LXC may act this way, but this is pure voodoo. In fact my private lxc scriptset does this, but *I* know about ;)