[lxc-users] file sharing with unprivileged containers

Josh Ford ford at ford-legal.com
Fri Feb 20 00:51:49 UTC 2015

Kick me if this is what lxcfs is all about:

I recently came across the following article and was wondering if the same could somehow be done using unprivileged containers:

http://www.flockport.com/build-distributed-storage-nodes-with-lxc-and-gluster/

I've tried adding the following to my container configs:

#fuse
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 10:229 rwm

But I get the following when I go to mknod in the container:

jimmy at p1:~$ sudo mknod /dev/fuse c 10 229
mknod: ‘/dev/fuse’: Permission denied

At the end of the day, I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to share 'centralized' files (e.g., an 'uploads' folder) among my various containers.  They will all need access in the same manner nfs would be used with physical servers.

Apologies in advance if the answer is obvious, but I greatly appreciate any guidance any of you can provide.

Cheers,

Josh