[lxc-users] macvlan-based networking for unprivileged containers

Purcareata Bogdan b43198 at freescale.com
Thu Feb 12 10:29:22 UTC 2015

On 10.02.2015 19:22, Christian Brauner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it currently possible to use macvlan interfaces with unprivileged
> containers?

+1 I noticed too that it wasn't possible. This might a limitation of the
user namespace itself, since the lower device you're attaching to is
still in the host / root namespace, and you don't have access to that as
a normal user.

I would be very interested to know if macvlan could supported with
unprivileged containers, and what kind of work would be necessary to
make that happen.

Thanks,
Bogdan P.