[lxc-users] LXC 1.1 has been released!

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Feb 9 13:07:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Dirk Geschke <dirk at lug-erding.de> wrote:
>> ah, maybe I should try a newer systemd than jessie, jessie
>> is "testing". But this is systemd 215-10, where "unstable"
>> uses systemd 215-11. So I did not expect a difference here.
>>
>> But maybe I should try "experimental", this is 218-7 now. I will
>> test it, maybe this works.
>>
>>> Sorry for not having more constructive input ;-)
>>
>> No problem, maybe even 215 was to old, it's debian. So it is
>> at least a hint to try debian unstable.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Dirk
>
> vivid definitely works, and it uses systemd 218-7ubuntu1.
> I wonder if we can get centos7 to work simply by recompling
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=609274 on C7.

... and apparently it does NOT work.

Looking at http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/s/systemd/systemd_218-7ubuntu1/changelog
, I doubt that even debian unstable will work as
core-Put-session-scopes-into-all-cgroup-controllers.patch is still
listed as ubuntu-specific patches.

After trying to rebuild systemd-218-5.fc22.src.rpm plus these patches:
## Cherry-picked from upstream
shared-time-dst-Avoid-buffer-overflow.patch
Loopback-setup-rtnl-fixes.patch
build-sys-Fix-install-location-of-systemd.pc.patch
sysv-generator-handle-Provides-for-non-virtual-facil.patch
sysv-generator-Avoid-wrong-dependencies-for-failing-.patch
journal-Fix-syslog-forwarding-without-CAP_SYS_ADMIN.patch
sysv-generator-Handle-.sh-suffixes-when-translating-.patch
sysv-generator-Replace-Provides-symlinks-with-real-u.patch
util-Add-some-missing-hidden_file-suffixes.patch
core-make-EPERM-errors-when-applying-OOM-adjustment-.patch
list-add-macro-for-iterating-through-a-list-an-item-.patch
core-if-two-start-jobs-for-the-same-swap-device-node.patch
logind-handle-closing-sessions-over-daemon-restarts.patch
logind-fix-sd_eviocrevoke-ioctl-call.patch
## Ubuntu patches:
core-Put-session-scopes-into-all-cgroup-controllers.patch

I still ended up with this:
$ lxc-start -F -n c7
systemd 218 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA
-APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL
+XZ -LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN)
Detected virtualization 'lxc'.
Detected architecture 'x86-64'.

Welcome to CentOS Linux 7 (Core)!

Failed to install release agent, ignoring: No such file or directory
Failed to create root cgroup hierarchy: Permission denied
Failed to allocate manager object: Permission denied
[!!!!!!] Failed to allocate manager object, freezing.

Again, ubuntu vivid runs fine, lxcfs is installed. Any ideas which
patch I missed? Are the debian patches also mandatory?

--
Fajar