[lxc-users] Containers which inherit from other images?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 8 01:50:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I've been using lxc for some time to run containers
that inherit from a base container using aufs.
It was a pain to script, and I ended up forking lxc-start
to do it.  (And since union filesystems aren't too stable,
I have to be careful.)
Since then, I've realized that that's part of docker's
value proposition -- they provide containers that
inherit from base images out of the box.

Soooo... given that lxd is in some sense an answer to docker,
will it support containers that are based on a reference
container image using something like aufs or btrfs snapshots,
as Docker does, without painful do-it-yourself scripting?
(I imagine that's what's meant by "image-based workflow", but I wanted
to check.)

Thanks,
Dan