[lxc-users] lxc-console not working on centos 7 container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Feb 6 13:40:11 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:15 PM, CDR <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
> I disable selinux and a apparmor routinely. My containers are just a way to
> separate applications, there are no users accessing them, nothing bad can
> happen.
> So basically you are saying that there is no way to run Centos 7 under an
> Ubuntu host.

No. What I'm saying is when you use c7 container (and possible most
newer-systemd-based distros) under ubuntu host:
- you can't use lxc-console
- root on your container can mess up the host

It shouldn't really matter for your use case, since "lxc-attach" works
just fine (you DO know about lxc-attach?), and you don't really care
about user access anyway.

This should improve in the future as debian/ubuntu is also moving
towards systemd (lxcfs is supposed to help), however currently the
required level of support/integration is just not there yet.

Since your main use case is "separate applications", docker might be a
better candidate. And when you use c7-based docker container under c7
host, you might even get better protection since they integrate
selinux.

--
Fajar