[lxc-users] Containers losing IP/Network

Alan Hoffmeister alanhoffmeister at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:12:54 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

I have some containers running ubuntu 14.01, but some times when I try
to lxc-start a container, or create more containers, the network
starts to behave strangely, some time a random container loses it's
IP/network, some times all of them loses IP/network.

This is a picture from my lxc-ls -f, as you can see I have containers
RUNNING with no IP
http://i.imgur.com/LIKXTe9.png

This is the command that I use to create containers:
lxc-create -n alabrunet -t ubuntu -B zfs

And this is some extra config that I put on each container's config file
# Hardware limitations
lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes = 1000000000
lxc.cgroup.memory.soft_limit_in_bytes = 800000000
lxc.cgroup.cpu.shares = 100
lxc.cgroup.cpuset.cpus = 1
lxc.cgroup.blkio.weight = 500

The only thing that changes between configs is the
lxc.cgroup.cpuset.cpus, I pick a core between 0 and 3.

--
Alan Hoffmeister
https://twitter.com/alan_hoff