[lxc-users] How are network interfaces implemented in LXC?

Brian Allen Vanderburg II brianvanderburg2 at aim.com
Mon Feb 2 19:29:14 UTC 2015

I've played around a little with veth interfaces and iptables.  From
what I can tell, the best way to think of a veth pair is as if you had
two extra NICs installed on your computer connected together with a
crossover cable. I was having some trouble until I realized this.

The firewall rules apply once for traffic leaving one end, and once for
traffic entering the other end, as if the veth driver simply takes any
frames sent to one of its interfaces and sends then to the other
interface for the kernel to process again.

Brian Allen Vanderburg II