[lxc-users] images:centos/7/amd64 not bootable

Yonsy Solis yonsy.s.p at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:35:39 UTC 2015

On mar, dic 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Tamas Papp <tompos at martos.bme.hu>
wrote:

> On 12/29/2015 04:53 PM, Mark Chaney wrote:
> > More details are obviously needed. I am able to create a centos 7
> > 64bit container on my system just fine.
>
> Really? And can you start it properly?
>

> $ lxc launch...
>

> And it's stuck /sbin/init
>

> Host is trusty with wily backported kernel, lxd is from ppa.
> Nothing else is special.

tested in my workstation, Ubuntu 14.04 with lts-wily kernel (4.2.0-22
now) and LXD from lxd-stable-ppa

➜  ~  lxc remote add images images.linuxcontainers.org
➜  ~  lxc launch images:centos/7/amd64 centos
➜  ~  lxc exec centos -- /bin/bash
[root at centos ~]#

so it's run

➜  ~  lxc list
|  NAME   |  STATE  |       IPV4        | IPV6 | EPHEMERAL | SNAPSHOTS |
| centos  | RUNNING | 10.0.3.156 (eth0) |      | NO        |         0 |

appear in my machine.

yes, we need more details about your config, any special, using br0
instead of lxcbr0 ? the problem can be more related to the Image
(CentOS 7 maybe not updated too much) than with LXD.

Yonsy Solis