[lxc-users] LXD using a filesystem different from ext4 with LVM backend

Micky Del Favero micky at mesina.net
Sat Dec 26 17:52:40 UTC 2015

Hello everybody!

LXD has hardcoded ext4 as the filesystem to be used when LVM storage
backend is choosed, I don't like very much ext* filesystems and prefer
xfs over them so I've done a little hack to be able to use it with LXD
0.24 and LVM storage, attached there's the patch agaist LXD 0.24 that
I'm using, 0.25 and 0.25-git taken from github.com [*].

To be able to choose preferred filesystem a key was added to the
configuration parameter of LXD: storage.lvm_fstype, for now it's value
can be only ext4 (default, so I don't break anything) and xfs, but it's
trivial to add other filesystems.

[*] LXD 0.25 and LXD cloned from github.com seem to break something
    using LVM as storage backend (see:
    https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2015-December/010700.html)
    so i wasn't able to test my hack using one of them.

Ciao, Micky
--
The sysadmin has all the answers, expecially "No"