[lxc-users] wifi interfaces not release back to host by containers on reboot

SHAILESH GUPTA iitd.shailesh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:39:41 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am using LXC-1.0.0 version on a Linux kernel 3.4
And launching LXC containers.
Here is my scenarios,
1. Created 4 wifi interfaces on host (wifi0-3)
2. Started container C1 by mapping wifi0-wifi1 as wifi0-wifi1 for C1. all
worked fines. Good
3. Started container C2 by mapping wifi-2-wifi3 as wifi0-wifi1 respectively
for C2. on reboot C2 wifi2 and wifi3 interfaces from host are lost. I can't
no longer see them in iwconfig.

Looks like I am hitting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/764278 or
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/1086244

Is this fixed in 1.0.0 or can I get the patch for this fix.

Thanks in advance.

--Shailesh Gupta