[lxc-users] Serge Hallyn's article "Publishing LXD images"

david.andel at bli.uzh.ch david.andel at bli.uzh.ch
Thu Dec 10 07:49:42 UTC 2015

Yes, I did:

david at kimera:~$ lxc stop wily-u-1
david at kimera:~$ lxc profile apply wily-u-1 default,debug_init
Profile default,debug_init applied to wily-u-1
david at kimera:~$ lxc start wily-u-1
david at kimera:~$ time lxc exec wily-u-1 /bin/bash
root at wily-u-1:~#
real    0m5.007s
user    0m0.004s
sys     0m0.008s
david at kimera:~$ lxc exec wily-u-1 -- ls -alh /tmp/
total 0
drwxrwxrwt 1 root root   0 Dec  9 15:37 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 132 Dec  9 03:54 ..

david at kimera:~$ lxc profile show debug_init
name: debug_init
config:
  raw.lxc: |-
    lxc.console.logfile = /tmp/out
    lxc.init_cmd = /sbin/init --debug --verbose
devices: {}

> Ok, after installing the daily builds, relaunching wily from scratch, installing upstart in it, creating a config profile and applying it to the container:
>
> david at kimera:~$ lxc profile show debug_init
> name: debug_init
> config:
>   raw.lxc: |-
>     lxc.console.logfile = /tmp/out
>     lxc.init_cmd = /sbin/init --debug --verbose
> devices: {}
>
> david at kimera:~$ lxc profile apply wily-u-1 default,debug_init
> Profile default,debug_init applied to wily-u-1
>
> No log is being written after running a bash shell and just waiting until it quits by itself:

Wait, did you restart the container after applying the new
profile?  Since we're setting debug arguments for init, we
need init to be restart anyway.