[lxc-users] make a nginx webserver in a lxc container available to the local wireless lan

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Dec 8 08:45:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Eldon Kuzhyelil <eldon.mec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Okay i am now doing doing it with ethernet.So basically i am trying to
> setup a webserver in my lxc container and my system is connected to router
> via ethernet cable.I want the web page to be visible from my another system
> connected to this LAN.What i have done right now is this
>
> vi /etc/network/interfaces
>
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 192.168.1.X #(my ip address)
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> gateway 192.168.1.1
> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
>
> auto br0
> iface br0 inet dhcp
>
> But after rebooting i am not even able to connect to internet.Please help..

As usual, read the documentation. Did you read the link
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/lxc.html#lxc-network that I sent
earlier?

If yes, you'd have noticed this line
"
Another is to bridge the host's network interfaces (see the Ubuntu Server
Guide's Network Configuration chapter, Bridging
<https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/network-configuration.html#bridging>
)
"

which links to
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/network-configuration.html#bridging
. Have you read that? The answer to your question is there. Short version:
don't specify IP address on eth0.

--
Fajar