[lxc-users] What is right way to backup and restore linux containers?

Eax Melanhovich afiskon at devzen.ru
Fri Dec 4 16:03:53 UTC 2015

Hello.

Lets say I have some container. I would like to run something like:

lxc-backup -n test-container my-backup.tgz

Then move backup somewhere (say, to Amazon S3). Then say I would like
to restore my container or create its copy on different machine. So I
need something like:

lxc-restore -n copy-of-container my-backup.tgz

I discovered lxc-snapshot, but it doesn't do exactly what I need.

So what is the right way of backuping and restoring linux containers?

--
Best regards,
Eax Melanhovich