[lxc-users] NFS mounts and unprivileged containers

Matthew Green mephi at mephi.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 21:07:55 UTC 2015

I'm in the process of moving away from ESXI VMs and over to containers (as
everything was all on Ubuntu) and I've hit a bit of a problem.

I decided that I'd look to go for unprivileged containers for the extra
security but a couple of my containers require NFS mounts and I just can't
get them to work.

I've changed the apparmor settings to allow NFS mounts, and it works fine
with privileged containers, but nothing I try will make the unprivileged
containers mount an NFS export.

Can anyone provide a definitive statement on whether this just a limitation
of unprivileged containers? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Matt