[lxc-users] LXD IPV6 DHCP

Van Dorsey vandorsey at client1st.com
Wed Dec 2 17:19:03 UTC 2015

My problem may be Ubuntu server related as I have not had time to try
another O/S image yet.

I had this environment working while using 15.04 and followed various
setups blogs. I burned that all down and started over with 15.10.

Bridging seems to be working fine, I can launch Ubuntu 15.10 images with
static ipv6 addresses and they work just fine.

When I try to enable IPV6 DHCP in the interfaces file and reboot,
ifconfig shows no IPV6 address from the pool. Using stateful DHCPv6.

I can run a simple ifup eth0 and get a working address from the pool
right away.

I tried the same Ubuntu version under Virtualbox and VMware Workstation,
the same interfaces setup works fine after reboot.

Could this be a timing thing? Reboot is so fast it is not waiting for an
address.

I acknowledge this could be an O/S problem and not a LXD/LXC issue but I
thought I would ask if anyone here has had the same issue.

Thanks in advance,
Van