[lxc-users] Converting from libvirt lxc

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Dec 2 04:25:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Peter Steele <pwsteele at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/30/2015 06:38 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> my guess is that udev is starting because the container has
>> the capabilities to start.  If you look at stock containers
>> created using the lxc templates, the tend to include files
>> like /usr/share/lxc/config/common.conf, which has

Thanks Serge. I installed lxc-templates and got a copy of
> centos.common.conf. I incorporated the definitions there into my own
> scripts and an installed container's config file now looks something like
> this:

Is there a reason why you can't install a centos7 container using the
download template? It would've been MUCH easier, and some of the things you
asked wouldn't even be an issue.

> My containers are coming up but things are running really slowly, although
> CPU usage is low. I'm not entirely sure what's going on and need to do some
> more digging.

Works for me. However I seem to recall an issue with centos' version of
systemd sometime ago.

> whereas under LXC /dev has the following:
>

> I know how to trim the /dev/ttyN entries to match libvirt, but I'm not
> sure what's needed for the others. For example, how do I get rid of
> /dev/snd?

Here's mine. Centos 7 container, ubuntu 14.04 host, lxc-1.1.4 and
lxcfs-0.10 from ubuntu ppa:

c7 / # ls /dev
console  core  fd  full  hugepages  initctl  log  lxc  mqueue  null  ptmx
 pts  random  shm  stderr  stdin  stdout  tty  tty1  tty2  tty3  tty4
 urandom  zero

--
Fajar