[lxc-users] LXD

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 31 15:50:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:39:42AM -0400, Federico Alves wrote:
> Is there GUI for LXD that can give you a single pane of glass with all your
> datacenter, considering you may have hundreds of servers and thousands of
> containers?
> Sort of Vmware Vcenter app, not web interface,but a real windows app?
> I would pay any money for that.

Currently our large scale management story is to use LXD with OpenStack
through the nova-compute-lxd driver.

With it, you can then use any openstack management tool, including the
web interface to manage all your running containers.

There's however nothing which would prevent anyone from writting a GUI
management client for LXD, either based on our existing client libraries
(Go and python) or directly talking to the REST API.

(Note that nova-compute-lxd is still very much a work in progress)

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer