[lxc-users] Setting lxc.network.veth.pair

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:05:59 UTC 2015

On 08/30/2015 03:10 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> I played with this a while back and found that you are severely
> limited for the name length. Using the container name for that is,
> sooner or later, going to overflow that limit and possibly generated
> an error on container startup. I think it's a kernel limit and not
> configurable or negotiable, but that was a couple of years ago and may
> have changed. YMMV
Our container names are fixed length of the form vm-NN, so I don't think
we'd run into a length issue. In fact, what I'd like to use would be
shorter than what is generated by lxc. I cleared out a setting in
default.conf and then my custom setting for veth.pair worked as I
wanted. I decided to go with vm-NN to match the container name.