[lxc-users] apt-get dist-upgrade inside container?

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:15:49 UTC 2015

Hi Joe,

It depends how the containers' filesystems are configured, but they are probably configured as separate machines. In which case, you will need to do the dist-upgrade in the containers too.

The difference between upgrade and dist-upgrade is in how apt-get treats new packages and/or new dependencies. If you need some clarification, I think the man page for apt-get covers it fairly well from what I remember.

Neil