[lxc-users] libprotobuf conflict in ppa:ubuntu-lxc/lxd-stable

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 27 14:54:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 09:42:44AM +0200, Valerio Mariani wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>    I don't know if this is the right place to report packaging bugs, but
> it seems that the version of libprotobuf in ppa:ubuntu-lxc/lxd-stable
> conflicts with the one in the main vivid repos... Now I can either
> install lxd or ubuntu-sdk because they depend on different version of
> libprotobuf
>
> Thank you!
>
>   Valerio

Yes, the new version of protobuf doesn't appear to be ABI compatible
which means that everything needs to be rebuilt for it.

That's unfortunate but not something we can do a great deal about.

Note that LXD itself doesn't depend on protobuf, criu does, so if you're
not using criu (live migration inside lxd), then you can pin down
protobuf and it'll all be fine.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer