[lxc-users] [lxc-user] xorg clients from container broken with 14.04.3 and vivid xorg stack

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:49:51 UTC 2015

I had to setup a proper .Xauthority file. For that, I just sent the
xauth cookie from the host into the container.

The username on the host and in the container are the same. The
xauthority file needs to exist, it will not be created by the commands
below. An empty file with proper permissions was enough in my case.

user_xauth=$HOME/.Xauthority
xcookie=$(xauth list $DISPLAY | head -n 1 | awk '{ print $3 }')
sudo lxc-attach -n mycontainer -- sudo -u $USER xauth -f $user_xauth
$DISPLAY . $xcookie