[lxc-users] Setting Shared Memory Size in LXC, it's possible?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Aug 14 04:23:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 1:07 AM, Pablo Silva <psilvao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Team!
>
>  We are working with LXC version lxc-1.0.7-1.el6.x86_64 in centos 6.6, We've
> created a container using the following command:
>
>  lxc-create -t centos -n 32-nuevo --dir=/opt/lxc/32-nuevo/rootfs
>
>  But when we try to use DB2 inside the container, we get the following
> message:
>
>  [db2admin at 32-nuevo ~]$ db2start
>  SQL1220N  The database manager shared memory set cannot be allocated.
>

> Question: Are there some ways to increase the shared memory for this
> container?

I don't think there's an easy way.

Do you know what exact commands it execute? For example, if it's
adjusting values on /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax like oracle, I don't think
there's currently a way to allow containers to do that. However at
least in ubuntu vivid with lxc-1.1.2, the value is already very big,
so there's no need to manually adust it

--
Fajar