[lxc-users] LXC image

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Wed Aug 5 14:33:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 04:18:29PM +0200, Jordan GRONDIN wrote:
> Hi Tycho,
>
> Yes, but how to import images on my LXC internal server? For the hosts LXC see the images available?
>
> With this solution images are not seen remotely : lxd- images import lxc ubuntu trusty amd64 --alias ubuntu

Right, that's the part about making the images you import public.
Unfortunately, it looks like there's no way in our CLI to do that
right now. Additionally, there's no way to tell lxd-images to import
them as public. I've filed these two issues to track them, thanks:

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/975
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/976

A workaround would be to export the image, delete it from the image
store, and import it again via the CLI with --public. Hopefully the
above two should be quick fixes for us, though.

Thanks,

Tycho