[lxc-users] LXD + OS X

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Sat Aug 1 18:51:38 UTC 2015

On Aug 1, 2015, at 2:03 AM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 09:26:28PM -0700, Kevin LaTona wrote:
>>
>> I just tried to add a remote host  as per the LXC docs like this
>> lxc remote add host-a https://192.168.50.1:8443
>> It's now asking for a admin password.
>
> Locally on the remote server, run:
> lxc config set core.trust_password YOUR-PASSWORD

Thanks that did it.

> We don't set any password by default for obvious security reasons.

Which is why it was confusing to me.

Maybe it worth making note in the remote call docs.

To alert people that they will need to config the server with a password to do remote calls like this.

So far the LXC client is running great under OS X 10.8.6 as well.

For lots of dev's who code on a Mac, but deploy to Linux, this could be a big plus to know it's now possible to do like this.

-Kevin