[lxc-users] memory.limit_in_bytes works, but not memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes and cpuset.cpus

Yonsy Solis yonsy.s.p at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:33:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>
wrote:

> I suspect your kernel isn't compiled with the support for that.  You
> can verify that by looking under /sys/fs/cgroup/memory for a
> memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes file.  If you compile it into the kernel
> then lxc will be able to use it

GRUB have "cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1" and i check with:

ls /sys/fs/cgroup/memory in the hosts, i have:

memory.limit_in_bytes
memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes

now, with lxc-cgroup i need to set FIRST memory.limit_in_bytes before
memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes (if i try memsw first, lxc-cgroup give me
an error message)

but i never get set the swap memory in container limited.

> Interesting, that sounds like a bug in lxcfs.  Would you mind filing
> an issue at github.com/lxc/lxcfs?

done: https://github.com/lxc/lxcfs/issues/25

Yonsy Solis